- 3,118 Square feet
- 100 foot diameter circular lot with common ownership of an approx 6.8 acres of surrounding woods
- Beautiful views of Puget Sound and Rich Passage from 4 floors
- Mature Perennial gardens
- Naturally spring fed Koi Pond
- Fruit orchard
- 3 Bedrooms, 4 Baths
- 1 fireplace
- 2 car garage with workshop
- Community Water source shared with 7 lots
- Built in 1978
- 2016 Taxes - $7889
- $100 Monthly Dues
- Lot is a 100 foot diameter circle within an 8 acre wooded tract.
- 3000+ Sqft house fills 25% of its circular site
- Set in wooded landscape surroundings
- All rooms have views of Rich Passage or wooded private landscape
- Lily/Koi pond
- Fruit orchard and mature perennial gardens surround the property
- Two car garage/shop and a two car carport attached.
- Southernmost site in the 7 home neighborhood on 8 acres.
- Surrounding 6.8acres is held by common ownership with protective covenants.
- Large recreation pavilion, family sauna and vegetable garden with connecting private paths are held in common with 6 other homes.
- Windows on all sides
- Separate entrance to downstairs
- Russell six top range
- Jen air stainless side by side refrigerator
- Stainless Steel Bosch oven
- SS Bosch dishwasher
- Kitchen window overlooking pond with antique art glass
- Laundry just off the kitchen with Samsung washer and dryer
- Dining Area opens up to the main deck
- Patio off first floor next to Koi pond
- Wide plank floors on main level
- Stained glass interior window bottom floor
- Lower level beautiful sitting area view of pond.
- Master bedroom with sliding wood doors on track, sitting area
- Solarium, sun room off master
- Porthole window on stairs
- Rotating Fireplace
“I Wonder if Herbie's Home Yet” – the community
This home is part of the first planned community development on Bainbridge Island started in 1976. Created by Bill and Minne Isley, the architect/planner and owners of 3187 Pt White, this community is made up of 7 home sites– each planned for privacy- connected by private trails and sited on a total of 8 acres.
Follow the path past the Koi pond, through the woods to the end of Tara Lane and enjoy the pleasant walk past similarly stunning architectural homes to the cleared open common area. There you will find a covered pavilion with a river rock fireplace, cooking facilities, sauna, vegetable garden, and an athletic court. Many family celebrations and weddings have been held here over the years.
Stories about the planned community have been published in Home Magazine, Seattle Times, Retaining a Sense of Place – Case Study and various books on architectural design.
Seven owners each own a fee-simple share of the eight acre wooded lot. There are Seven 100 foot circles (approx 7,200 sqft). Inside the eight acres and each owner has total control over the area within his circle –the rest of the land, approx. 6.8 acres of heavily forested open space is held in common.